Effective: March 10, 2021
The Movement Project is the controller of the Personal Information collected through the Sites. Any questions or concerns regarding our privacy and data protection practices can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is a name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, identification number, online identifier, and other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
What information we collect
We collect Personal Information that you directly provide to us through use of the Services. Such Personal Information is received by you when you register for Services, purchase products, subscribe to a newsletter or communicate to us via website, applications, telephone, email or social media platforms. We also collect Personal Information indirectly through your use of the Sites.
Personal Information collected by us may include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect your first and last name, email address, address, and other similar contact data.
- Usage data: We collect personalized information about your purchases and use of our Services to better understand uses and to identify potential improvements as well as to send you promotional communications or offers tailored to your purchases, use of Services and interests. We will also track when you open or view a marketing email from us or click on a link within a marketing email.
- Geolocation data: We collect your IP address and may infer location such as city or postal code therefrom to analyze trends, to administer the site, and to collect general information for aggregate use.
- User content: We may allow you to post or submit comments (eg. in response to blog content), and will retain information provided to us relating to inquiries, contests, individual and group challenges, feedback and complaints.
- Personal Health Information: If relevant to the Services, we may collect personal health information but only as it relates to a previous injury or pre-existing physical condition that may increase the risk of personal injury or harm to you (or others) during your participation in the Services.
- Images: We may collect images and videos of your participation in the Services, with your prior written consent.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies and similar tracking technologies store information about your use of a particular website or service and are typically used to help us to provide a better online experience to our visitors and customers to afford convenience and personalization and to send you tailored marketing communications. Most cookies are “session cookies,” which are automatically deleted whenever you leave a website (and end the “session”). Other “persistent cookies” will remain on your computer until you delete them.
Cookies can be controlled, blocked or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your cookie preferences across each of these environments. If you are using a mobile device to access the website, you will need to refer to your help/settings resource to find out how you can control cookies on your device.
If you restrict, disable or block any or all cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Sites may not operate properly, and you may not have access to the Services available through the Sites. We will not be liable for any impossibility to use the Sites and Services or degraded functioning thereof, where such are caused by your settings and choices regarding cookies.
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
How we use your Personal Information
We strongly believe in both minimizing the Personal Information we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only (i) that for which we have been given permission; (ii) that which is necessary to deliver, improve or update the Sites and Services; and/or (iii) as we might be required or permitted by law.
Most commonly, we use your Personal Information for the following lawful purposes:
- To carry out your transactions with us and to provide the Services to you, including customer support;
- To improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Sites and Services;
- To diagnose problems and identify any security risks, errors, or necessary enhancements to the Sites;
- To detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Sites;
- To collect aggregate statistics about use of the Sites and Services;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Sites and to identify which products and Services are most relevant to you;
- To deliver personalized communications (including marketing and event communications) to you based on your preferences across various platforms such as email, direct mail, social media or online via our Sites; and
- To market and promote the Services.
Often, much of the information collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any Personal Information, but to the extent that usage data is itself Personal Information, or is linked or linkable to Personal Information, we treat it accordingly.
How we might share your Personal Information
We do not sell any Personal Information to third parties.
We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for the limited purpose of providing the Services to you and to facilitate our legitimate business interests in providing Services which are useful and safe to you. Service providers will only be provided with access to your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary to perform the Service(s) for which the third-party has been engaged, and we will require that all such third parties to comply with terms that are at least as restrictive as those provided in this Policy and to treat Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Specifically, we share Personal Information with third-party services providers that perform the following functions: (i) email services; (ii) analytics; (iii) hosting and storage; (iv) website security and performance services; (iv) registration; (v) payment processing; and (vi) product delivery.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your Personal Information to third parties as part of a legal process.
We may also share Personal Information where you have consented to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose, or to us posting your testimonials and feedback on our Sites.
How we might communicate with you
We may contact you directly regarding products or Services you have purchased from us, such as may be necessary to deliver transactional or service-related communications. We may also contact you regarding products or Services when additional information is requested or when Services have been cancelled.
If you have provided us with your consent, and subject to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation or similar regulations, we may send you marketing communications about products, services, events or promotions that may be of interest to you. These contacts may include email, text (SMS) messages, postal mail, telephone and private notifications and messages via social media platforms and software applications.
E-mail communications you receive from us will generally provide an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving future e-mails or to change your contact preferences. E-mail communications may also include a link to directly update and manage your marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
You can also request changes to your account by contacting us directly at the addresses provided in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
How we store, secure and retain your Personal Information
We use Google Cloud services to store all Company records, data and information, which means your Personal Information may be stored in jurisdictions outside of Canada. Personal Information becomes subject to the laws of the country where it is stored.
We have implemented and will maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and at rest, from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and destruction taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. These safeguards include, but are not limited to: security software, firewalls, authentication protocols and encryption where appropriate.
We retain Personal Information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- as needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
We respect your right to access and control your Personal Information. You have choices about the information we collect. When you are asked to provide Personal Information that is not necessary for the provision of Sites and Services, you may decline. In addition, depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have certain legal rights to access, delete or request changes to the Personal Information that is in our possession or under our control.
- Right to Access: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information. In these cases, we will comply subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing copies of your information, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant information. We may also charge you an administrative fee for providing copies of records containing your Personal Information (except where prohibited under local laws).
- Right to Correct or Delete: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information. Please note that such a request could be refused because your Personal Information is required to provide you with the products or services you requested, e.g. to deliver a product or send an invoice to your email address, or that it is required by the applicable law.
- Right to Restrict or Object to Processing: If you reside within the European Union, you have the right to request that we restrict or cease the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- Right to Data Portability: If you reside within the European Union, you have the right to request that we transfer your Personal Information that we have collected to another provider of your choice, or directly to you. Please note that such a request is limited to the Personal Information that we hold at that given time and is subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Information on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- California Shine the Light Law: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
To exercise any of the foregoing rights, or to express concerns regarding the use, disclosure or protection of your Personal Information please refer to the Contact Us section of this Policy.
If you believe your privacy rights have been breached by us you may file a complaint with the privacy authority of your country.
Compromise of information
In the event that we become aware that Personal information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of unauthorized access or use, including a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Information from Children
Parental consent is required for use of the Sites and Services under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a child under the age of 13, please do not use our Sites or Services or send us your Personal Information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information on our Sites without their permission. If we discover that a child under 13 years of age has provided Personal Information to us without verified parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information.
Third Party Websites and Links
From time to time, our Sites may contain links to third-party websites. The practices described in this Policy do not apply to the third-party websites. The links from our Sites do not imply that the Company endorses or has reviewed the third-party websites. We recommend you consulting those third-party websites to review their privacy policies before you disclose to them any Personal Information.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on our website and any other places we deem appropriate, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Any changes to the Policy will become effective as of the “Effective Date” published at the top of this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on our home page at least thirty (30) days prior to the implementation of the changes.
Please contact us with any questions or complaints you have about this Policy or your Personal Information, including our collection, use, and disclosure practices. Phone: 905-621-9961/Email: email@example.com.